Guidelines for Authors
Please ensure that you follow the conventions listed below. Submissions that do not conform to the following guidelines will be returned.
- Manuscripts should follow APA style guidelines. Additional information about manuscript requirements are provided below.
- Remove all identifying information, including author names and affiliations, from the manuscript before submission. These will be provided separately in the submission process.
- Author(s) should ensure that the manuscript is complete, grammatically correct and without spelling or typographical errors before submission.
|Manuscript Format||Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
The main document must be submitted without title page, abstract, or page numbers. These will be provided by the system.
|Article Length||Articles should be approximately 8,000-10,000 words, excluding references, tables, and figures.|
|Author Details||All contributing authors’ names should be provided in the submission process, and arranged in the correct order for publication.
The full name and affiliation (at the time that the research was conducted) for each author should be provided in the exact format that it should appear for publication.
Correct email addresses for each author should be provided.
|Abstract||Authors must provide an abstract of no more than 200 words.|
|Keywords||Authors must provide 5-7 appropriate and short keywords that summarize the main topics of the paper.|
|Headings||Headings must be concise and indicate a clear hierarchy. The preferred format for headings is:
FIRST LEVEL HEADING
Second Level Heading
Third Level Heading. Sentence starts here.
|Figures||All figures (charts, diagrams, screen shots, images) should be of high quality and embedded in the manuscript. Graphics may be in color, as the Journal is published in an online format.
All figures should be consecutively numbered and provided a clear caption.
|Tables||Tables should be consecutively numbered and concisely titled. They should be embedded in the manuscript.
Ensure that any superscripts or asterisks are provided corresponding explanation as a footnote to the table.
|References||References and in-text citations should follow APA style and thoroughly checked for accuracy.|
Articles submitted to The Coastal Business Journal should be original work and should not be under consideration for any other publication. By their submission for publication consideration, authors warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and indemnifies the publisher (Coastal Carolina University) against any breach of such warranty. Papers and contributions become the legal copyright of the publisher (Coastal Carolina University) unless otherwise agreed.
The Submission Process
Authors should submit articles for consideration by going to http://coastal.bepress.com/cbj and clicking on the Submit Article link on the left-hand side. Authors will be asked to create an account, if they do not already have one, prior to submission. The submission process consists of the following steps:
- Read and accept the Article Submission Agreement.
- Provide information about yourself as corresponding author.
- Provide information about any additional authors (including email address and affiliation).
- Enter the title, keywords, and abstract.
- Upload article and cover letter (in Microsoft Word format).
- Click Submit; your article is not complete until you click submit.
Before you begin the submission process, please be sure you have the following:
- Article title
- Abstract (separate from the manuscript)
- Keywords (5-7)
- Article (without title page, abstract or page numbers) in Microsoft Word format
- Cover letter highlighting the main topic of the paper and its contributions
The Review Process
Each paper is blind reviewed by at least two reviewers and an Associate Editor. The results of the review will be returned to the contact author. We strive to make a decision in 90 days, but occasionally the review process necessitates a longer time period.
We encourage you to submit your paper to the publisher by using the Submit Article link on the left menu of this site.
The Coastal Business Journal is published in electronic format by the Wall College of Business at Coastal Carolina University.